Strengthen Abs and Back While Burning Fat
Strengthen abs and back with Stability Ball Pikes. This is an advanced exercise and should be performed on a stable surface prior to performing it with StrongBoard Balance board. This exercise is primarily for the abdominals and obliques but will also work the entire core musculature, along with the lower back, and shoulders.
Featuring Rachael Novello of TheSimplyFitStudio.com, SBB Certified Trainer and Instructor. IG: @rachaelnovellofitness FB: @rachaelnovellofitness Twitter: @rachaelnovello
1. Start by placing both arms on the stability ball, keeping shoulders directly over your elbows, palms down.
2. Place both feet on StrongBoard Balance with a closer than normal stance, toes on (slightly in front) the StrongBoard Balance logo.
3. Engage the abs and keep your head in line with your spine as you pull the ball towards the board, bringing your butt towards the ceiling (think downward dog).
4. Slowly roll the stability ball back out to starting position and lower your butt. Control the roll with your core engagement.
5. Repeat for desired amount of repetitions and sets.
Tips: Be sure to keep spine erect and stabilized by bracing your abdominals through entire set. For more of a challenge you can slow the tempo of your stability ball roll down. You can also pause in your plank position.