Double Dutch Your Way to Serious Calorie Burn - Double Dutch (Inertia Wave)
The Double Dutch (Inertia Wave) will work your heart, lungs, core and legs, and is a fun way for a serious calorie burn. This is an advanced exercise and should be performed on a stable surface prior to using StrongBoard Balance. Exercises conducted with the INERTIA WAVE in use (oscillated) mimic a spring like fluid movement are designed to elevate the heart rate, and work the entire body cognitively and overall engagement.
Mike Curry ACE CPT, CES, and SBB Inventor
1. Begin by grabbing each end of the two Inertia Wave tubes, pulling them out enough to create some resistance.
2. Step onto the StrongBoard platform with your feet against the sides of the platform handles. Because of the resistance pulling you forward, you can place your feet back about two inches from your normal stance. This will help counter the pull of the Inertia Wave.
3. Keep your body spring-like and stiff at the same time. You should employ flexed ankles, knees, and hips during the Double Dutch method.
4. Hold the end caps of the tube securely. Start by rotating your right hand in a clockwise motion, while rotating your left hand in a counterclockwise motion. Both tubes move independently in an alternating clockwise pattern. The method of Double Dutch is a spring-like oscillated, continuous circular pattern.
5. Repeat for desired amount of repetitions/sets/duration.
Keep your spine erect and abs braced. For more of a challenge, you can squat while performing Double Dutch. You can also go for longer bouts before rest.
StrongBoard Balance® utilizes MULTI SPRING TECHNOLOGY™ that works with your body to deliver the perfect amount of stimulation to keep your core musculature and stabilizing muscles engaged and contracted, while training your central nervous system, improving posture, proprioception and reaction time.