Want Defined Arms and Chiseled Abs? Try this Bicep Curl Combination
This bicep curl combination will work your arms, abs, back, core, obliques, shoulders for a powerful upper torso. This is a beginner exercise performed with StrongBoard Balance. This exercise focuses on the biceps. Although the target is primarily arms in this exercise, it is also great for lower back, anterior deltoids, abs, and obliques.
Featuring Mike Curry ACE CPT, CES, and Inventor of StrongBoard Balance®
1. Start in standing position, holding the board by the side handles, out in front of you.
2. Keeping the neck long, shoulders in your back pockets and knees slightly bent, curl the board up towards your chin.
3. Slowly lower the board back to starting position.
4. Repeat for the desired amount of repetitions.
5. (Optional addition) with your arms in a static “L” shape, holding the board close to your upper abs.
6. Push the board out in front of you. (Do not lock the elbows completely out).
7. Pull the board back into the upper ab area.
8. Repeat for the desired amount of repetitions.
9. (Optional addition) In Standing position, hold the board by one spring out to one side.
10. Curl the board up towards the shoulder.
11. Repeat for the desired amount of repetitions.
12. Switch sides and repeat.
13. Repeat all for the desired amount of sets.
Be sure to brace the abs at all times and keep a slight bend in the knees. This will help stabilize the spine while performing the curls. For more of a challenge, you can slightly rotate your upper body and bring board out to the side during the concentric part of the exercise to initiate more oblique engagement.
StrongBoard Balance® utilizes MULTI SPRING TECHNOLOGY™ that works with your body to deliver the perfect amount of stimulation to keep your core musculature and stabilizing muscles engaged and contracted, while training your central nervous system, improving posture, proprioception and reaction time.