Upgrade Your Plank While Strengthening your Back and Toning your Arms
Updated: Jul 18, 2018
Upgrade Your Plank While Strengthening your Back and Toning your Arms with DB plank rows on StrongBoard Balance board. This is an intermediate exercise and should be performed on a stable surface prior to using StrongBoard Balance board. This exercise is primarily for the back, shoulders, and obliques but will also strengthen the Scapulo-thoracic region, and the entire core musculature.
1. Start on all fours with StrongBoard Balance in a lateral position. Place one hand on the platform logo and grip a dumbbell with the other.
2. Step back into plank position with feet slightly wider than shoulder width.
3. With your abs braced, pull the dumbbell up towards your chest/oblique area. Be sure to keep your hips squared and spine erect.
4. Repeat for desired amount of repetitions and then switch sides.
5. Repeat for desired amount of sets.
Tips: Keep the spine erect and head in line with your spine. To make this exercise more challenging, bring your feet into a closer stance when in plank. You can also use a heavier dumbbell. For the ultimate challenge, hold the foot of opposite leg up while performing the row.
StrongBoard Balance utilizes MULTI SPRING TECHNOLOGY™ that works with your body to deliver the perfect amount of stimulation to keep your core musculature and stabilizing muscles engaged and contracted, while training your central nervous system, improving posture, proprioception and reaction time.