Total Strength and Cardio Training in One Power Move
The V-Sit Battle Rope exercise is an intermediate exercise and should be performed on a stable surface prior to performing it with StrongBoard Balance board. This exercise is primarily for the abdominals but will also work the entire core musculature, along with the lower back, hip flexors, shoulders, and arms.
1. Start by placing the board in a lateral position. Sit on center of platform, with one end of the battle rope in each hand.
2. Lean back, keeping your abs engaged and your spine lengthened and neutral.
3. Lift your feet just off the floor and hold.
4. Begin to move battle rope in an alternating wave like flow by lifting one side up as you bring the other side down. Be sure to use enough speed to keep the rope in constant motion.
5. Change direction of battle rope by pulling both handles up and down together.
6. Change direction back to alternating movement with a more vigorous tempo.
7. Repeat for desired amount of repetitions and sets.
Tips: Be sure to keep spine erect and stabilized by bracing your abdominals through entire set. For more of a challenge you can pull your knees into your chest as you are performing the battle rope sequence. You can also change your speed to incorporate a more aerobic workout. Other movements can be performed with battle rip while in V-Sit, like side-to-side and Sidewinders.