Tighten Your Core and Improve Stability with Rebounder Throw and Catch
Tighten your core and improve stability with rebounder throw and catch on StrongBoard Balance board. This is an advanced exercise and should be performed on a stable surface prior to using StrongBoard Balance. This exercise is primarily for the core but will also work the entire lower extremities.
Featuring Mike Curry, ACE CPT and SBB Inventor, StrongBoardBalance.com. IG: @strongboardbalance FB: @strongboard Twitter: @strongboard
1. Start by holding a medicine ball as you step onto the StrongBoard platform.
2. Keeping a slight bend in your knees and abs braced, throw the medicine ball, aiming for the center of the rebounder. (Be sure rebounder is adjusted to the correct angle.)
3. As the ball bounces back to you, catch and twist to one side, using your obliques to stop the momentum of the medicine ball.
4. Repeat for opposite side.
5. Continue throwing and catching the medicine ball, using different techniques to catch the ball; overhead, side to side, straight, rotation, etc.
6. Repeat for desired amount of repetitions/sets.
Tips: The rebounder should be adjustable. This will enable you to change the trajectory of the ball as it comes back to you. The higher you raise the rebounder, the faster the ball will come back at you. For more of a challenge, you can also use a heavier medicine ball. You can throw a squat in between each throw and catch to get those quads burning.