Single Leg Deadlift with Dumbbell Curls will work your hamstrings, biceps, glutes, erectors, anti-rotators and core while will increase stability and strength with one move. This is an intermediate exercise and should be performed on a stable surface prior to using StrongBoard Balance. This exercise is primarily for the hamstrings, and biceps, but will also strengthen the lower extremities and the entire core musculature.
Featuring Mike Curry, ACE, CPT, CES and StrongBoard Balance Inventor
1. Grab a dumbbell in your left hand and place your right foot across the center of the StrongBoard Balance platform.
2. Keeping your hips square, bend forward (hinging at your hips), and slowly lower the dumbbell as far as you can, using the gravity of the dumbbell to stretch toward the floor.
3. Simultaneously, bring your left leg out behind you so it is parallel to the floor, while keeping your back straight.
4. Squeeze your glutes and slowly bring your body back to starting position.
5. Keeping your shoulder down and elbow tucked into your side, curl the dumbbell up to your chest, and then release it back down.
6. Repeat for desired repetitions.
7. Switch legs and repeat for desired repetitions or duration.
As you come up, use your glutes to push your hips forward instead of lifting from your back. Keep abs braced during the entire movement. For more of a challenge, you can use a heavier dumbbell. This exercise can also be used with other modalities such as Kettlebells, Havyk Triads and/or GripBells.
StrongBoard Balance® utilizes MULTI SPRING TECHNOLOGY™ that works with your body to deliver the perfect amount of stimulation to keep your core musculature and stabilizing muscles engaged and contracted, while training your central nervous system, improving posture, proprioception and reaction time.