Get Beach Ready Abs And Arms in One Move
V-Sit with Dumbbell Anterior Raise is an intermediate exercise and should be performed on a stable surface prior to performing it with StrongBoard Balance Board. This exercise is primarily for the shoulders and abdominals but will also work the entire core musculature, along with the lower back and hip flexor (iliopsoas, sartorius, rectus femoris) muscles.
1. Start by placing the board in a lateral position. Sit on the center of the platform, slightly more towards your feet, with dumbbells in hands.
2. Lean back, keeping your abs engaged and your spine neutral.
3. Externally rotate your shoulders and hold dumbbells in each hand down by your side.
4. Lift your left leg just off the floor as you raise the dumbbells up and in towards each other.
5. Lower your leg as you return dumbbells back to starting position.
6. Lift your right leg just off the floor as you raise the dumbbells up and in towards each other.
7. Lower your leg as you return dumbbells back to starting position.
8. Repeat for desired amount of repetitions and sets.
Tips: Be sure to keep spine erect and stabilized by bracing your abdominals through entire set. For more of a challenge you can use heavier dumbbells and/or alternate your shoulder raises. You can also pull knees towards chest with each repetition. Remember to breathe.