Effective Low Impact Move to Strengthen Your Core - V-Sit Crunch
V-Sit Crunches with StrongBoard Balance® is an effective low impact exercise that will work your abs, obliques, lower back, hip flexors, and core. This is an intermediate exercise and should be performed on a stable surface prior to performing it with the StrongBoard Balance board. This exercise utilizes your body weight to isolate the core and primarily targets the abdominals, tone the obliques, strengthen your back muscles, and challenge your entire core. This exercise will also strengthen your hip flexors, quadriceps, and hamstrings too.
Featuring Darius Alexander - Athletic FIT Coach - StrongBoard Balance Ambassador
Instagram: @humblemuscle #MOTIV8
1. Start by placing StrongBoard Balance in a lateral position. Sit on the center of the platform, basically balancing on your bum.
2. Lean back to a 45-degree angle and place hands on the floor behind you for support, keep your abs braced and your spine lengthened and neutral.
3. Lift both legs off the floor, into a “V” shape.
4. Push both legs out, then pull your knees into your chest.
5. Repeat for the desired amount of repetitions or duration.
Be sure to keep the spine erect and stabilized by bracing your abdominals through the entire set. For more of a challenge, you can slow your tempo. Other movements can be performed in V-Sit, like side to side and Sidewinders, butterfly, Russian twists, toe taps, etc.
StrongBoard Balance® utilizes MULTI SPRING TECHNOLOGY™ that works with your body to deliver the perfect amount of stimulation to keep your core musculature and stabilizing muscles engaged and contracted, while training your central nervous system, improving posture, proprioception and reaction time.