CrossCore Reverse Push-Ups – Upper Body Move For Bathing Suit Season
Updated: Jul 18, 2018
Try CrossCore reverse push-ups to get you ready for bathing suit season! This intense upper body movement will work your shoulders, chest, scapula stabilizers, anti-rotators, and core. This is an intermediate/advanced exercise and should be performed on a stable surface prior to performing it with the StrongBoard Balance board. This exercise is primarily for the chest shoulders but will also work the core and the erector spinae.
Featuring Jason Miyashiro, Private Trainer, USC BS, IDPA Master Shooter, and Certified Pistol and Rifle Instructor.
1. Start on all fours and with your hands, grab the CrossCore handles, then position feet on the SBB platform, shoulder width apart. (not shown)
2. Bring yourself up into a full plank position. Be sure your abs are braced, hands are directly below your shoulders, and your head is in proper alignment with the spine.
3. Holding that plank position, slowly lower yourself into a push-up and then back up to starting position. Be sure to keep straps from moving outward, away from the body.
4. (Option – Hold plank position and teeter the board back and forth with your feet)
5. Repeat for the desired amount of repetitions/duration.
Keep your abs braced to protect the spine and help stabilize your hips. This will assist in keeping them from moving side to side. For more of a challenge, change the tempo of your push-ups.
StrongBoard Balance utilizes MULTI SPRING TECHNOLOGY™ that works with your body to deliver the perfect amount of stimulation to keep your core musculature and stabilizing muscles engaged and contracted, while training your central nervous system, improving posture, proprioception and reaction time.