Core Defining Move
Low to High Woodchop is an intermediate exercise and should be performed on a stable surface prior to performing with StrongBoard Balance board. This exercise is primarily for the Obliques, abdominals, and shoulders but will also work the entire core musculature, along with the serratus anterior and erector spinae.
1. Stand on StrongBoard Balance in first position, with your feet wide, resting against the platform handles.
2. Keep your chest up, shoulders in your back pockets, knees slightly bent, and abs braced.
3. Hold StrongStrap with both hands on the handle.
4. Rotating from the torso, engage the abs and bring StrongStrap across the chest at a 45-60 degree angle.
5. Keeping the abs engaged, bring the StrongStrap back across chest to starting position.
6. Repeat for desired amount of repetitions.
7. Switch sides and repeat steps 1-6.
8. Repeat for desired amount of sets.
Tips: Keep a slight bend in the knees when standing on the platform. Be sure to exhale on the way up. For additional challenge, progress to a stronger StrongStrap resistance. You can also rotate your head with the rotation of the torso. This will bring in your vestibular system and change the reaction of the springs.