Best Total Body Defining Move | Crossfitters
Updated: Oct 27, 2017
Work legs and shoulders with this burnout combo move. This is an advanced exercise and should be performed on a stable surface prior to performing with StrongBoard Balance board. This exercise is primarily for the shoulders and lower extremities, but will also work the entire core musculature, along entire scapulothoracic region.
Featuring Caysem Johnson, STROOPS Athlete.
1. Stand on StrongBoard Balance in first position, shoulder width stance.
2. Keep your chest up, shoulders in your back pockets, and abs braced.
3. With your Slastix connected to each side of the base, grip the Fit Stick Pro wide and hold above your head.
4. Keeping the Fit Stick Pro over your head with your arms locked out, armpits facing forward, as you lower yourself into a deep squat position. Hips descend back and down, lower than the knees, in squat position. Keep the heels down, bar over the middle of foot, knees in line with your second toes.
5. Keeping the abs braced, squeeze the buttocks as you bring yourself back to starting position, pushing your shoulders up into the Fit Stick Pro.
6. Repeat for desired amount of repetitions/sets.
Tips: For additional challenge, progress to a stronger StrongStrap resistance.