CrossCore Mountain Climbers for Full Body Results
Updated: Jul 18, 2018
CrossCore Mountain Climbers is an advanced functional training move that will work your core, shoulders, heart, and lungs for full-body results. This is an advanced exercise and should be performed on a stable surface prior to performing it with StrongBoard Balance. This exercise is primarily for the core and shoulders but will also work the hip flexors, and the lower back.
Featuring Jason Miyashiro, Private Trainer, USC BS, IDPA Master Shooter, and Certified Pistol and Rifle Instructor. Instagram: @Jmiya23
1. With feet in CrossCore straps, position hands palms down on the StrongBoard platform, shoulder width apart.
2. Bring yourself up into a full plank position. Be sure your abs are braced, hands are directly below your shoulders, and your head is in proper alignment with your spine.
3. Holding that plank position, pull one knee towards your chest as you keep your other leg extended, then immediately switch positions of each leg in a continuous pattern.
4. Keep alternating your legs by mountain climbing back and forth for the desired amount of repetitions.
5. Option – Hold plank position and teeter the board back and forth using your obliques and arms in-between each set.
6. Repeat for the desired amount of sets.
Keep your abs braced at all times by pulling your belly button in towards your spine. Stabilize your hips by keeping them from moving side to side. Focus on your breathing pattern because this is an aerobic exercise. For an additional challenge, change the tempo of your mountain climbers.
StrongBoard Balance utilizes MULTI SPRING TECHNOLOGY™ that works with your body to deliver the perfect amount of stimulation to keep your core musculature and stabilizing muscles engaged and contracted, while training your central nervous system, improving posture, proprioception and reaction time.