Surf and Row Your Way to a Stronger Back and Core - Surfer Lunge with Barbell Row
Surfer Lunge with Barbell Row will work your back, legs, glute complex, erectors, anti-rotators and core, and is a fun way to surf and row your way to a stronger back. This is an advanced exercise and should be performed on a stable surface prior to using StrongBoard Balance. This exercise is primarily for the back, legs and glute complex, but will also strengthen the entire core musculature.
Mike Curry ACE CPT, CES, and SBB Inventor
1. With StrongBoard Balance in lateral position place a barbell next to board. Step onto the platform, stagger stance, in progression five.
2. Hinge at the hip as you bend down to pick up the barbell. Keep your abs braced and head in line with your spine.
3. Holding this position, pull the barbell up towards your shoulders.
4. Lower the barbell back to starting position.
5. Repeat for desired amount of repetitions.
6. Switch stance and arm and repeat for desired repetitions or duration.
As you come up, keep your glutes activated and your hips square. Keep abs braced during the entire movement. For more of a challenge, you can add weight to barbell. You can also slow tempo of row.
StrongBoard Balance® utilizes MULTI SPRING TECHNOLOGY™ that works with your body to deliver the perfect amount of stimulation to keep your core musculature and stabilizing muscles engaged and contracted, while training your central nervous system, improving posture, proprioception and reaction time.